Sat, May 13|
CD 1005 - Urban Plan Academy for Community Leaders
This is an ideal course for local community members and leaders who would like to learn more about the fundamental forces that shape and affect the built environment and the important leadership roles that community (ALL) leaders play in the real estate development process.
Time & Location
May 13, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, USA
About the Event
In collaboration with the Urban Land Institute, NPU University is pleased to announce that the application is open for CD 1005 - UrbanPlan Academy for Community Leaders. This in-person class is free to the public and designed for community leaders to better understand the trade-offs and risks at play in the entitlement and negotiation process associated with land use, especially in public/private partnerships. The UrbanPlan case study is an example of a city-led redevelopment effort where compromise needs to be met between the locality, the development team selected in the RFP, and the community.
December 10, 2022 • 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM @ )-------- • Limited Seats Available!
Please apply here .*slots are not guaranteed for all applicants*
This course is in person and social distancing safety measures will be in practice.
What to Expect at the Workshop:
The workshop is usually held from 9 am – 3 pm, with breaks throughout the day.
The agenda for the workshop is as follows:
- Teams work on a vision for their response to the RFP.
- Teams build out their proposal
- Facilitators visit teams
- Teams revise their proposal
- Facilitators visit teams a second time
- Teams finalize their proposal and present it to the Selection Committee
- ULI member presents a case study of local project
- Discussion of how the workshop will affect the work of community members in their own neighborhoods and community
This video also provides a great overview: https://youtu.be/Qa4RSdHeYUs